City Hotspot Badges
Complete the indicated task to unlock the corresponding badge.
Unlockable: --- How to Unlock:
Ahoy! --- Checked in at the
Yacht Club. Chicago
Best Buds --- In a multiplayer session, check into a location that a player on your friend list has already checked into.
Centurion --- Check in 100 times total.
Crowd Surfer --- In a multiplayer session, check into a location where four other players are checked in.
Getting Around --- Check in at ten unique locations in the game.
Got You Something --- Leave five gifts at check-in locations.
Has Bean --- Check in at the Forever Sculpture (Exclusive
Man on the Run --- Check into a City Traveler location with maximum felony active.
Native Chicagoan --- Check into every location in-game.
Newb --- Perform your first check-in at any location in the game (Exclusive Mission
Power of Friendship --- In a multiplayer session, check in to the same location as a player on your friends list within thirty seconds of each other.
Regular --- Check in at the same location five times within a 7-day period
Sophisticated --- Check in at the Cultural Center (Exclusive
Take Five --- Check in at five unique locations in game.
Top of the World --- Check in at the three tallest buildings (the skyscrapers in Mad Mile and the
Perks and bonuses
Complete the indicated task to unlock the corresponding bonus.
Unlockable: --- How to Unlock:
ATM hack boost --- Complete the Palace Pack mission; increases cash rewards when hacking banks.
Investigation Bonus --- Complete the Palace Pack mission; allows more investigative opportunities inside the network databanks.
Offensive Driver skill --- Complete the Fixer contracts.
Rapid Reload skill --- Clear five Gang Hideouts.
Vehicle Expert perk --- Complete the ULC mission in The Breakthrough Pack; allows free vehicles from Underground Car Contact and discounts on selected cars.
Complete the indicated task to unlock the corresponding outfit.
Unlockable: --- How to Unlock:
1920's Mobster Outfit --- Available through the Uplay Exclusive Full Rewards Pack and the
Alone Outfit --- Complete the "Alone" digital trip.
Black Viceroys Outfit --- Complete the preorder Signature Shot missions.
Blume Agent Outfit --- Available through the Blume Agent Preorder Pack; features a weapon boost (greatly reduced recoil).
Conspiracy! Outfit --- Complete the "Conspiracy!" DLC digital trip.
CyberPunk Outfit --- Available through the CyberPunk Single Player Pack; features the Cyberpunk gun.
DedSec Outfit --- Available through the DedSec Shadow Single Player Pack; features a hacking boost (one battery slot).
Madness Outfit --- Complete the "Madness" digital trip.
Psychedelic Outfit --- Complete all seventeen levels of the "Psychedelic" digital trip.
Spider-Tank Outfit --- Complete the "Spider-Tank" digital trip.
Untouchables Outfit --- Available through the Untouchables Pre-Order Pack; features Thompson sub machine gun.
White Hat Hacker Outfit --- Complete the four PlayStation exclusive missions; features a hacking boost (one battery slot).
Complete the indicated task to unlock the corresponding vehicle.
Unlockable: --- How to Unlock:
Boxberg LE --- Complete the Fixer contracts.
Papavero Stealth Edition --- Spend 40 Uplay points.
Sayonara LE --- Clear out a poker table during a poker match.
Sunrim --- Complete the privacy invasions.
Vespid 5.2 --- Complete the privacy invasions.
Vespid LE --- Collect all eight burner phones.
Zusume R --- Complete the Fixer contracts.
Complete the indicated task to unlock the corresponding weapon.
Unlockable: --- How to Unlock:
AK-47 --- Clear one Gang Hideout.
Biometric assault rifle --- Complete the preorder Signature Shot missions, then complete the "A Wrench In the Works" mission.
Chrome revolver --- Complete ten crime detection missions.
CyperPunk gun --- Available through the CyberPunk Single Player Pack.
Gangster gun --- Complete the QR Code mission.
Gold D50 Desert Eagle --- Spend 30 Uplay points.
M1 submachine gun --- Available through the Untouchable Pack.
Spec Ops SMG-11 --- Clear ten Gang Hideouts.
Chess Survival Puzzle 1
You will face two rooks and a king. To get a three star rank, you must must make four moves without getting checkmated. Move your king up and to the left and your opponent will be forced to waste turn moving a rook to avoid being captured.
Easy "The Wards ctOS
" mission Control Center
There is a truck that will obstruct the camera's view of the console. Sneak into the truck then quickly drive it away. Wait until the alert dissipates, then return to hack the console through cameras.
Easy "Hold On, Kiddo" mission
Have a weapon ready after the train is hacked. You should be able to destroy at one or more of the fixers' vehicles before they have a chance to leave. This will make saving
Easy "Dressed In Peels" mission
After Jordi calls you, immediately leave the prison. You must do this before the police arrive at the entrance. After leaving the building, immediately go to the right, run downstairs, and enter the car. Drive out of the parking garage and travel to the nearby train station. Once there, hack a train. If a train is not available, run on the rails until find one, but avoid the helicopter. Having the Helicopter hack will help, as it will continue to follow you even after you are riding the train before eventually giving up the chase.
Docks ctOS Brandon " mission Control Center
It is possible to hack the ctOS without entering the building. The access terminal is inside the middle of the building and is visible from a laptop camera if you remove some barrels that are in the way. To do this, explode an electric device on the side of the building.
Easy "A Wrench In The Works" mission
You do not have to allow the mission to end up as a road chase. Look at Angelo Tucci's route on the map and wait for him at one of the intersections. Hack the traffic lights to stop the convoy, and use a blackout if needed. Wait behind a bus stop or another obstacle so that civilians will not notice your weapon. When Tucci comes into your view, Focus and kill him. Note: You will have to escape quickly with a car.
Flaming horsey ride
Go to the Pawnee area, in the northwest section of the map. Hack the abandoned "Horsey Ride" to activate it and it will shoot flames from the front and rear.
Clearing gang hideouts
Use the cameras near the entrance and inside the gang hideouts to help plan your strategy. Tag the gang members to get an idea of their strength and locations. Use Jammers to prevent civilians from calling the police before starting any action. Also, make sure that you have located and profiled the gang leader before starting. You can also shoot out the tires of nearby cars to prevent the target from escaping easily. When ready, lure anyone guarding the entrance away and take them out stealthily. A silenced weapon is recommended. Hide the body, then repeat for any other entrance guards. Hack available items and use explosions to cause a distraction or kill gang members. You can then stealthily take out gang members that are busy dealing with the explosion. After enough gang members have been dispatched, the gang leader will attempt to flee. Carefully knock him out while killing any troublesome survivors.
Escaping level 5 police chases
- Find the closest L-Line train platform and jump into one of the trains.
- Find a tall parking garage and drive to one of its top floors, but not the open roof level. Stay below a roof and hide in your car once the police have lost sight of you. Remain hidden there until the police give up.
Easy experience points
Leave your hideout near the river and train tracks and run west to the nearby highway. Raise your ctOS wanted level by killing civilians while they are still in their vehicles so the police will not appear yet. Move north along the highway continuing to kill people inside vehicles until your wanted level is full then get to the L-train station to the west. Jump over the fence, steal a vehicle, and allow yourself to get caught by the yellow police scan. Drive the car through the wooden fence just to the north of the station then drive into the train tunnel and stay on the left side tracks. Wait in the tunnel for an oncoming train. The train will not hit your vehicle. Begin driving backwards to allow the train to enter the tunnel. After it is inside the tunnel, exit the vehicle to block the tunnel. Run ahead and enter the train. Make your way to the end of the train. The scan should be white and less than 10 percent at this point. Let it run out to get 300 experience points for escaping the police. Wait for the helicopter to leave the mini-map, then shoot the ground with your gun to trigger the white scan level again. Wait for the scan to run out, shoot the ground again, and repeat the process for 300 experience points each time. If your cTOS level decreases, kill another civilian on the train to raise it. Return to your hideout and sleep to save your progress at regular intervals.
Go to the high stakes poker game in the north part of The Loop. It is a Texas Hold 'Em game with a big buy in, but has lots of earning potential. Hack into the camera on the left side of the room during the game, while you are not dealing. Use the camera to check how stressed the other players are (and detect potential bluffs) and to see what cards are being dealt and held. You can then play your cards using those advantages.
Using a Profiler skill will use the following amount of battery energy.
- Jam Communications (Signal Jamming): 50%
- Traffic Lights Control: 25%
- Bridge Control: 25%
- Blackout: 100%
- Lift: 25%
The points required to gain reputation ranks are as follows.
- Good Vigilante: 10 to 25 points.
- Good Protector: 5 to 10 points.
- Incognito Citizen: points.
- Bad Anarchist: -5 to -10 points.
- Bad Menace: Over -10 points.
City Hotspot locations
Hotspots are located in the indicated area.
- 2nd Regiment Armory : Mad Mile
35 East Wacker Drive : The Loop
- Abandoned Station : Pawnee
- Abraham Lincoln Statue : The
- Aiello's Bakery : The Wards
: The Ambrose Theatre Loop
: The Aon Center Loop
: Pawnee Bernai Island
- Big Jim Colosimo's Cafe : The Wards
- Birthplace of the
South Club : Mad Mile Chicago
- Bloody Maxwell Police Station : The
- Blume : Pawnee
- Bootlegging Factory : The
- Botanical Gardens :
- Bram Steffan Pavilion : The
- Bridge Construction : Pawnee
- Burned Down Factory : The Wards
- Carding Center : The
: Cermak Bridge
: The Chicago Arts &
Sciences Center Loop
: The Chicago Commerce Building Loop
Eastland Disaster : The Chicago Loop
: Mad Mile Chicago World News Tower
- City Hall : The
: The Marina Loop
- Commonwealth Hotel : Mad Mile
- Crazy Moose Inn : Pawnee
- Cree Theater : The
: Mad Mile Crowley Building
- Deadman's Corner : The Wards
- Desplaines Street Police Station : The
- Face Fountain : The
- Farris Halstead Library :
- Forever Sculpture : The
- Four Deuces :
- Green Hook Tackle Shop : Pawnee
: Mad Mile Hanson Park
- Harbor Lighthouse : The
- Hawthorne Hotel : The Wards
- Haymarket Square Riot : The
- Hit on Johnny Torrio : The Wards
- Home of Lloyd Pinkerton : The Wards
- Home of Samuel "Nails" Morton : Mad Mile
- John A. Walsh Public School : The Wards
: Mad Mile John Hancock Center
- Junkyard : Pawnee
- Lakeshore Water Refinery :
- Lexington Hotel : The
- Lipstick Killer - Brown Crime Scene : Mad Mile
- Lipstick Killer - Degnan Crime Scene : Mad Mile
- Lipstick Killer - Ross Crime Scene : Mad Mile
- Lombardo Murder : The
- May Stadium :
- Meadowmoore Dairies : The
- Miller's Rail Bar : The
: The Wards Murder Castle
: Mad Mile Navy Pier Building
- O'Banion's Flower Shop : Mad Mile
: The Ocean Tower Loop
- Owl Motel :
- Palin Correctional Center : The
- Parker Square
: Marina Parker Square
- Pawnee Dam : Pawnee
- Pawnee Mill : Pawnee
: Pawnee Pawnee Trailer Park
- Phoebus Theater :
- Piper Gate :
Street Subway Terminal : The Randolph Loop
: The Raven Building Loop
- Rossi-Fremont : The Wards
- Saffard Memorial Fountain : The
- Saga Theater : Mad Mile
- Seaside Restaurant : Mad Mile
- Secret Six : The
- Seventh Federal Bank : The
Wave Club : Mad Mile Sheridan
- Shotgun Man : The Wards
- Sienna Brick Factory :
: The South Tech University Loop
: St. Joseph Cemetery Parker Square
Jude Police League : The Loop
- St. Valentine's Day Massacre : Mad Mile
- St. Valentine's Day Massacre Lookout : Mad Mile
- Stockyards : The Wards
- Tremont House Hotel : The
Yacht Club : Chicago Docks Brandon
Massacre : The Fort Dearborn Loop
- The Murder Market : The Wards
- The Pawnee Murder House : Pawnee
- The Sands : Mad Mile
- The Sausage Vat Murder : Mad Mile
: Mad Mile Triomphe Tower
- V Alley : The Wards
: The Vault Tower Loop
- Vyvyn K. Turner Bridge : Pawnee
- Water Tower : Mad Mile
: The Willis Tower Loop
- Windy City Shipyards :
: The WKZ-TV Center Loop
: Mad Mile WKZ-TV Tower
Combat skills increase your damage and survival.
Focus: Slows time, allowing for more precise shots and avoiding collisions while in a vehicle.
Stealth Sprint: Reduces the detection of sprinting during combat.
Improved Focus: Increase maximum duration of Aiden's Focus ability (requires Focus).
Slowed Focus: Slows time even further (requires Improved Focus).
Maximized Focus: Allows Aiden to Focus for an increased duration (requires Slowed Focus).
Quick Switch: Increased weapon switching speed.
Pistol Expert: Increases rate of fire when using pistols (requires Quick Switch).
Shotgun Expert: Increases damage against vehicles with shotguns (requires Pistol Expert).
Sniper Rifle Expert: Increase zoom stability with sniper weapons (requires Shotgun Expert).
Auto-Weapons Expert: Increases burst fire accuracy with assault rifles (requires Shotgun Expert).
Steady Aim: Reduces recoil.
Demolitionist: Explosive Capacity +1 (requires Steady Aim).
Expert Demolitionist: Explosives Capacity +1 (requires Demolitionist).
Enforcer Take Down: Allows combat take down on enforcers (requires Expert Demolitionist).
Bullet Resist: Less bullet damage taken (requires Steady Aim).
Blast Resist: Less explosive damage taken (requires Bullet Resist).
Hacking skills are classified into three branches.
Traffic Lights: Turn all lights in an intersection green.
Gates and Garage Doors: Open gates and garage doors.
Disable Helicopter: Disables a helicopter for five seconds.
Improved Disable Helicopter: Disables a helicopters for ten seconds.
Blockers: Raise the city's bollards to block enemies.
Bridges: Raise the city's bridges for use as a ramp.
Road Spikes: Raise the city's road spikes to blow out tires.
Steampipe: Blow up the city's steampipes to heavily damaging vehicles.
Utilites: Overload building's utility boxes to create explosions.
L-train control: Start or stop the city's L-trains.
Transformers: Blow up the city's transformers to create blackouts.
Disrupt Enemy Comms: Send feedback into enemy communication systems to distract them.
Disable Reinforcement Calls: Prevent enemies from calling for back up.
Hacker's Tool Kit
Hacker's Tool Kit: Usual profiler abilities, along with the ability to hack the city's cameras.
Slot: Extra battery slot, allowing you to hack more things before having to
Slot II: Extra battery slot, allowing you to hack more things before recharge.
Slot III: Extra battery slot, allowing you to hack more things before recharge.
ATM Hack Boost: Increases money obtained when hacking civilian's bank accounts.
Profiler Optimization: Targets certain civilians with rich bank accounts, car information, and system keys.
ATM Hack Boost Plus: Increases money obtained when hacking civilian's bank accounts.
Chuck Norris reference
You can find an NPC named "Chuck Norris", with a portrait that resembles him. His occupation is listed as "Busker"
Easy "Disk Space Full" achievement or trophy
Use the Song Sneak app to add all of the following songs to your Media app playlist. Songs can be obtained through the background music inside businesses, the radio in vehicles, and by hacking random mobile phones. You must be within 25 meters of the source of the music for Song Sneak to capture the song. Additionally, you will be awarded music tracks for completing specific missions during the main storyline.
- "Acrobot" by Gods of Fashion
- "Alarm Clocks" by The Vindictives
- "Awake" by JC Brooks & the Uptown Sound
- "Big Chomper, Big Chomper" by Dr.Manhattan
- "Blues Before
" by Elmore James and His Broomdusters Sunrise
- "Blvck and White" by muGz featuring SRH
- "Break It Down" by Kidz in the Hall
- "Bright Idea" by Drew Gress
- "C.R.E.A.M." by Wu-Tang Clan
- "Cluj Napoca" by Bryan Doherty Band
- "Cold Night in
" by Danny Chaimson & The 11th Hour Chicago
- "Conduction (Santiago & Bushido Remix)" by Johnny Fiasco
- "Confidential Liar" by Vanattica
- "Dance" by Mickey
- "Dangerous Tonight" by Alice Cooper
- "Dark Steering" by Square Pusher
- "Day by Day" by Longshot
- "Day 'N' Nite" by Kid Kudi
- "Devil's Taking Names" by The
- "Diane Young" by Vampire Weekend
- "Feds Are Watching" by 2 Chainz ft. Pharrell
- "Funeral Singers" by Califone
- "Gas Station (ft. Bun B)" by The Cool Kids
- "Gimme Danger (remix)" by Iggy & the Stooges
- "Going Down High" by
- "He Used to Be" by The Right Now
- "Help Is on the Way" by Rise Against
- "High Class Slim Came Floatin' In" by Tortoise
- "Howlin' for My Darlin'" by Howlin' Wolf
- "I Shall Not Be Moved" by Public Enemy
- "Invincible" by MGK
- "Invisible Man" by The Vindictives
- "Jesus Built My Hot Rod" by Ministry
- "Kick Me to the Curb" by Lil' Ed and the Blues Imperials
- "Lost Boys" by Summer Girlfriends
- "Move On Up" by Curtis Mayfield
- "Ms. Crumby" by The Audition
- "My Brain Hurts" by Screeching Weasel
- "My Love Is Winter" by Smashing Pumpkins
- "My My My" by Jamie Lono
- "Never Again" by Danko Jones
- "No Number" by Mike Golden & Friends
- "Old Lock It Down" by Treologic
- "One Mic" by Nas
- "Out to Lunch Ft the Kid Daytona" by Kidz in the Hall
- "Panic" by On An On
- "Private Eye" by Alkaline Trio
- "Raydar" by Champion Tech
- "Satellite" by EchoDroids
- "Scott Free" by Matt Ulery
- "Simplify" by Henhouse Prowlers
- "So Ambitious (GDM Remix)" by Victorian Halls
- "Soldier's Requiem" by Naked Raygun
- "Sparklers" by Gemini Club
- "Stolen From Some Great Writer" by Spitalfield
- "Talk" by Julia Klee
- "The Bottom" by The Record Low
- "The Good Life" by Weezer
- "Wake Up Sunshine" by
- "When I Grow Old" by Pet Lions
- "Where the Sidewalk Ends" by JDP
- "Winter in
" by Flatfoot 56 Chicago
- "Yes Machine" by Paul Cary
- "You Burnt Me" by Lil' Ed and the Blues Imperials
Aisha Tyler reference
Aisha Tyler can be found during the "A Wrench In the Works" mission in Act 1, where you are searching for Angelo Tucci's niece. She is described as a "gamer and bourbon enthusiast". She can also be spotted later, during a Privacy Invasion .
Breaking Bad reference
You can find a pedestrian named "Galtero Blanco", which translates to "Walter White" in English. When profiled, his occupation is listed as "Laundry Manager", which corresponds to Walter White using his work at a laundry service as a cover for his meth operation. Additionally, Galtero Blanco is also diagnosed as having cancer.
Child Of Light reference
During the "Big Brother" mission while in Aiden's sister's house,
can be seen playing Child Of Light (also published by
Ubisoft) on his tablet. Jackson
Far Cry and Assassin's Creed series reference
- In one of the scenes of the game's trailer, a row of computer game discs is visible on a desk. Two of the games are from the Far Cry and Assassin's Creed series.
- During the "Grandma's Bulldog" mission in Act 2, enter the arcade located in the Rossi-Frement building (Screenshot). Along the wall (Screenshot) are some "FarCry 3 Blood Dragon" arcade machines, which is a reference to a DLC for FarCry 3.
- In Act 2, in Aiden's Bunker hideout, you can watch a video log that shows a son explaining an Assassin's Creed execution to his father.
- During "Requiescat In Pace" criminal convoy mission, your goal is to kill Olivier Garneau. He was a character in Assassin's Creed 4: Black Flag who disappears after traveling to
for a Blume Corporation conference. Chicago
Rayman Raving Rabbids reference
- One can be found at a newstand in the northeastern part of the
Parker Square district near the location of the "Made Man"
- During the "Big Brother" mission, you can find a Rabbid in Jackson's (Aiden's nephew) room at Nicky's house.
- You can also find one during the first mission in the Pawnee District in Act 3. Enter Jebediah's bar, where there is also a drinking game on the map (Screenshot). Look behind the bar to find the Rabbid. Note: There is also a talking moose and singing bass inside this tavern that you can hack.
Slender Man reference
Images of the Slender Man can be seen at various locations, but only at a distance. If you get too close to the images, they will fade away.