Various Cheat Codes
To change background music or unlock diffrent stages do one of the following task:
Code: --- Result:
Hold Y while selecting the Boxing Ring stage --- Boxing Ring Punch-Out theme
Hold L while selecting the Boxing Ring stage --- Boxing Ring Smash Bros. theme.
Hold R while selecting a stage --- Change In-Game background music
Hold R and press Start at the title screen --- Change menu music to Super Smash Bros. Melee music
Hold L while selecting the
stage --- Monochrome version stage Dream Land
Clear the following Challenge provided below in order to unlock the noted benefit. In the start, just the very first 35 Challenges are offered. The next set unlock after finishing the very first 35, and so on. Note: Hammers do not rollover from page to page, so do not hesitate to consume your hammers if you are virtually finished with a page.
Unlockable: --- How to Unlock:
001 [Trophy] Toad --- Obtain 30 Trophies
002 [Item] Horizontal Beam Lv 1 --- Complete Smash Run in
003 [Trophy] Epona --- Complete All-Star Mode on Easy difficulty
004 [Mii Equipment] Football Helmet --- Create a Mii Fighter
005 [Trophy] Peach+Birthday Girl --- Play 3 matches on the
Rainbow Road stage
006 [Stage] Dream Land --- Use Kirby's Final Smash
007 [Trophy] Bonkers --- Score better than 300m on Home Run Contest
008 [Custom Ability] Big Ball (Wii Fit Trainer) --- Land a 10 hit combo in Training
009 [Stage] Magicant --- Unlock
010 [Item] Heading Enhancement Lv 1 --- Unlock 5 Head Custom Parts
011 [Pokemon] Xerneas --- Play Target Blast once
012 [Mii Equipment] Super Mushroom Hat --- Play Rival
013 [Custom Ability] Lightning Falcon Kick (Captain Falcon) --- Play StreetPass Brawl once
014 [Custom Ability] Lloid Climb (Villager) --- Play a match on
stage Tortimer Island
015 [Item] Reflector Lv 2 --- Collect 10 or more Items during Smash Run
016 [Trophy] Timmy and Tommy --- Play Trophy Smash once
017 [Stage] Pac-Maze --- Use Pac-Man's Final Smash
018 [Trophy] Home Run Bat --- Play Home Run Contest once
019 [Trophy] Cragalanche --- Play 3 matches on
Reset Bomb Forest
020 [Stage] Mute City --- Win 3 matches as Captain Falcon
021 [Trophy] Dark Pit Staff --- Unlock Dark Pit
022 [Song] Master Hand --- Complete Classic Mode at 3.0 difficulty or higher
023 [Stage] WarioWare, Inc. --- Unlock Wario
024 [Pokemon] Victini --- Play 100 Man
025 [Stage] Balloon Fight --- Play 3 stages as Villager
026 [Pokemon] Genesect --- Play Endless
027 [Pokemon] Zoroark --- Win 10 Man
028 [Trophy] Karate Man --- Defeat 20 or more opponents in 3 Minute
029 [Custom Ability] Giant Bomb (Link) --- Clear 300 or more blocks in Trophy Rush
030 [Mii Equipment] Luigi Hat --- Win 3 matches as Luigi
031 [Trophy] Mr. Saturn --- Win 2 matches as
032 [Mii Equipment] Spiny Hat --- Play Cruel
033 [Item] Body Attack Enhancement Lv 1 --- Unlock 3 Body Custom Parts
034 [Mii Equipment] Princess Zelda Tiara --- Win 2 matches as Zelda
035 [Trophy] Blast Box --- Score better than 100000 in Target Blast
036 [Item] Rolling Blade Lv 2 --- Complete Smash Run in
1st Place with 5 fighters
037 [Item] Beam Sword Use Speed Badge --- Land a 40 hit combo in Training
039 [Item] Running Speed Up Speed Badge --- Customize 3 fighters
040 [Custom Ability] Muscle Bomb (Ike) --- Clear 1000 or more blocks in Trophy Rush
041 [Item] Hyper Smash Attack Badge --- Get 100 total
042 [Trophy] Redd --- Obtain 150 Trophies
043 [Trophy] Bomb King --- Score better than 2000000 overall high score in Target Blast
044 [Item] Shine Spark Lv 2 --- Play StreetPass Smash with 5 different people
045 [Item] Shot Down Recovery Defense Badge --- Score 10 or more in Rival Battle
046 [Trophy] Golden Retriever --- Play 3 matches on Living Room stage
047 [Trophy] Mugly --- Strike 10 opponents in StreetPass Smash
048 [Item] Mach Stamp Lv 2 --- Collect 25 or more Items during Smash Run
049 [Item] Auto Recovery Attack Badge --- Win 100 Man
050 [Song] Staff Roll --- Score 99% or higher during the Staff Roll
051 [Trophy] Master Hand --- Clear Classic Mode with 5 characters
052 [Trophy] Dark Emperor --- Play 3 matches on the Find Mii stage
053 [Custom Ability] Speed Drill (Meta Knight) --- Win 5 matches as Meta Knight
054 [Stage] Flat Zone 2 --- Unlock Mr. Game & Watch
056 [Item] First Hitter Speed Badge --- Get 20 Counters in StreetPass Smash
057 [Item] Home Run Bat Use Speed Badge --- Score better than 600m on Home Run Contest
058 [Trophy] Fire Stingray --- Defeat 30 or more opponents in Endless Battle
059 [Item] Horizontal Beam Lv 2 --- Play Smash Run 5 times
060 [Trophy] Tortimer
--- Unlock all stages
061 [Trophy] Knuckle Joe --- Play Multiplayer for 10 or more hours (time earned increases with more players)
062 [Mii Equipment] Samus Helmet --- Win 10 matches as Samus
063 [Item] Smash Ball Attraction Speed Badge --- Unlock 15 Custom Abilities
064 [Mii Equipment] Kabuto Hat --- Unlock 5 Body Custom Parts
065 [Item] Critical Hit Attack Badge --- Get 300 total
066 [Item] Quick Swing Batter Attack Badge --- Play Home Run Contest with 15 different characters
067 [Mii Equipment] Gentleman Hat --- Create 8 Mii Fighters
068 [Mii Equipment] Royal Armor --- Unlock 10 Head Custom Parts
069 [Trophy] Medusa, Queen of the Underworld --- Complete All-Star Mode on
070 [Pokemon] Meloetta --- Play for 8 hours
Bonus 01 [Trophy] Super Star --- Page 01 Complete
Unlockable In-Game Characters
To unlock characters you can play a specific quantity of Smash matches. After you have actually played the necessary quantity of Smash matches an challenger will certainly appear, beat that challenger in order to unlock the character.
Unlockable: --- How to Unlock:
Bowser Jr. --- Play 100 Smash matches or beat Classic Mode on
Normal difficulty as Bowser
Dark Pit --- Play 50 Smash matches or beat Classic Mode on 5.0 difficulty
Dr. Mario --- Play 60 Smash matches or beat Classic Mode on
Normal difficulty as Mario
Duck Hunt --- Play 110 Smash matches or beat Classic Mode on
Normal difficulty as Luigi
Falco --- Play 20 Smash matches or beat Classic Mode 1 time
Ganondorf --- Play 80 Smash matches or beat Classic Mode on
Normal difficulty with Link
Jigglypuff --- Play 120 Smash matches
Lucina --- Play 40 Smash matches or beat Classic Mode on
Normal difficulty with Marth
Mr. Game & Watch --- Play 90 Smash matches
R.O.B --- Play 70 Smash matches
Wario --- Play 30 Smash matches or beat 100 Man
Complete the suggested job task to unlock the matching stage:
- Stage Flat Zone 2: Play 90 matches in Smash mode to eliminate Mr. Game & Watch and beat him.
: Win 3 Smash mode battles as Captain Falcon. Stage Mute City
- Stage Balloon Fight: Play as the Citizen 3 times.
( Stage Dream Land ): Perform Kirby's Last Smash special attack in a Smash
mode battle. Pupupu Land
- Stage Magicant: Complete 10 matches to unlock
- Stage Pac-Man Labyrinth: Carry out Pac-Man's Last Smash special attack.
- Stage WarioWare: Complete 30 matches to unlock Wario.
Complete the suggested difficulty in order to unlock the matching bonus. To unlock the 2nd set of thirty 5 difficulties, complete the very first thirty 5 challenges. The 3rd set of difficulties will certainly appear after you complete sixty difficulties and unlock all fighters.
1. Toad Trophy: Collect 30 or more unique trophies.
2. Lv. 1 Horizon Beam Smash Run Power: Place first in 1 or more Smash Run final battles.
3. Epona Trophy: Clear All-Star on Easy.
4. Football Helmet Custom Headgear: Create 1 or more Mii Fighters in Custom.
5. Peach + Birthday Girl Trophy: Battle 3 or more times on the
Rainbow Road stage in Smash.
Stage: Use a Final Smash while playing as Kirby. Dream Land
7. Bonkers Trophy: Hit Sandbag 300m/984 ft. or more in Home-Run Contest.
8. Huge Header (Wii Fit Trainer) Custom Special: Get a max combo of 10 or more in Training.
9. Magicant Stage: Unlock the hidden character
10. Lv. 1 Strong Head Smash Run Power: Collect 5 unique custom headgear items.
11. Xerneas Pokemon: Play Target Blast for the first time.
12. Super Mushroom Hat Custom Headgear: Play Rival Smash for the first time.
13. Lightning Falcon Kick (Captain Falcon) Custom Special: Play StreetSmash for the first time.
14. Liftoff Lloid (Villager) Custom Special: Battle 2 or more times on the
stage in Smash. Tortimer Island
15. Lv. 2 Reflector Smash Run Power: Obtain 10 types of Smash Run Powers.
16. Timmy & Tommy Trophy: Play Trophy Rush for the first time.
17. PAC-MAZE Stage: Use a Final Smash while playing as PAC-MAN.
18. Home-Run Bat Trophy: Play Home-Run Contest for the first time.
19. Cragalanche the Mighty Trophy: Battle 3 or more times on the
stage in Smash. Reset Bomb Forest
Stage: Win 3 Smash battles with Captain Falcon. Mute City
21. Dark Pit Staff Trophy: Unlock the hidden character Dark Pit.
22. Master Hand Song: Clear Classic on intensity 3.0 or higher.
23. WarioWare, Inc. Stage: Unlock the hidden character Wario.
24. Victini Pokemon: Play 100-Man Smash for the first time.
25. Balloon Fight Stage: Use Villager 3 or more times in Smash.
26. Genesect Pokemon: Play Endless Smash for the first time.
27. Zoroark Pokemon: Clear 10-Man Smash.
28. Karate Joe Trophy: Get at least 20
KOs in 3-Minute Smash.
29. Giant Bomb (Link) Custom Special: Destroy 300 blocks in Trophy Rush.
30. Luigi's Cap Custom Headgear: Win 3 Smash battles with Luigi.
31. Mr. Saturn Trophy: Win 2 Smash battles with
32. Spiny Hat Custom Headgear: Play Cruel Smash for the first time.
33. Lv. 1 Strong Body Smash Run Power: Collect 3 unique custom outfits.
34. Princess Zelda Wig Custom Headgear: Win 2 Smash battles with Zelda.
35. Blast Box Trophy: Score 100000 or more in Target Blast.
36. Rolling Blade Lv 2 Item: Complete Smash Run in
1st Place with 5 fighters.
37. Beam Sword Use Speed Badge Item: Land a 40 hit combo in Training.
38. Menu 2 (DX) Music: Unlock all hidden fighters.
39. Running Speed Up Speed Badge Item: Customize 3 fighters.
40. Muscle Bomb (Ike) Custom Ability: Clear 1.000 or more blocks in Trophy Rush.
41. Hyper Smash Attack Badge Item: Get 100 total
42. Redd Trophy: Obtain 150 Trophies.
43. Bomb King Trophy: Have a combined score of 2.000.000 in Target Blast.
44. Shine Spark Lv 2 Item: Play StreetPass Smash with 5 different people.
45. Shot Down Recovery Defense Badge Item: Score 10 or more in Rival Battle.
46. Golden Retriever Trophy: Play 3 matches on Living Room stage.
47. Mugly Trophy: Strike 10 opponents in StreetPass Smash.
48. Mach Stamp Lv 2 Item: Collect 25 or more Items during Smash Run.
49. Auto Recovery Attack Badge Item: Win 100 Man
50. Staff Roll Song: Score 99% or higher during the Staff Roll.
51. Master Hand Trophy: Clear Classic Mode with 5 characters.
52. Dark Emperor Trophy: Play 3 matches on the Find Mii stage.
53. Speed Drill (Meta Knight) Custom Ability: Win 5 matches as Meta Knight.
54. Flat Zone 2 Stage: Unlock Mr. Game & Watch.
55. Master Core Song: Defeat Master Core in Classic Mode.
56. First Hitter Speed Badge Item: Get 20 Counters in StreetPass Smash.
57. Home Run Bat Use Speed Badge Item: Score better than 600m on Home Run Contest.
58. Fire Stingray Trophy: Defeat 30 or more opponents in Endless Battle.
59. Horizontal Beam Lv 2 Item: Play Smash Run 5 times.
Trophy: Unlock all stages. Tortimer Island
61. Knuckle Joe Trophy: Play Multiplayer for 10 or more hours (time earned increases with more players).
62. Samus Helmet Mii Equipment: Win 10 matches as Samus.
63. Smash Ball Attraction Speed Badge Item: Unlock 15 Custom Abilities.
64. Kabuto Hat Mii Equipment: Unlock 5 Body Custom Parts.
65. Critical Hit Attack Badge Item: Get 300 total
66. Quick Swing Batter Attack Badge Item: Play Home Run Contest with 15 different characters.
67. Gentleman Hat Mii Equipment: Create 8 Mii Fighters.
68. Royal Armor Mii Equipment: Unlock 10 Head Custom Parts.
69. Medusa, Queen of the Underworld Trophy: Complete All-Star Mode on
70. Meloetta Pokemon: Play for 8 hours.
71. Ketzal's Corridors Trophy: Complete Classic Mode at 9.0 difficulty.
72. Leader Lv 3 Item: Score better than 1.000m on Home Run Contest.
73. Dual Cyclone Lv 3 Item: Win Smash Run 20 times.
74. Air Defense Up Defense Badge Item: Customize 10 fighters.
75. Recovery Lv 3 Item: Score 50 or more in Rival Battle.
76. Squat Recovery Defense Badge Item: Defeat 110 or more opponents in 3 Minute
77. Miki Trophy: Unlock all Custom Abilities, Hats, and Body Parts.
78. Pop Gun Explosion (Diddy Kong) Custom Ability: Clear 3.000 or more blocks in Trophy Rush.
79. Crazy Hand Trophy: Complete Classic Mode with all fighters.
80. Easy Combination (Marth) Custom Ability: Complete 100 Man Battle in under 3 minutes.
81. Walking Speed Up Attack Badge Item: Fighters walk a total of 50km.
82. Quick Smash Defense Badge Item: Clear 10 Man Battle in 20 seconds or less.
83. Jump Strengthening Speed Badge Item: Land over 400 total hits between all fighters in Training.
84. Crown Mii Equipment: Complete All-Star Mode with all fighters.
85. Steampunk Clothes Mii Equipment: Clear all red targets in Target Blast.
86. Sandbag Trophy: Score better than 15.000m overall high score in Home Run Contest.
87. Luigi (Poltergust) Trophy: Obtain 500 Trophies.
88. Kat & Ana Trophy: Complete 10 Man Battle with all fighters.
89. Explosive Punch (Mario) Custom Ability: Score better than 200.000 in Target Blast.
90. Shadow Trophy: Clear 100 Man Battle with all fighters.
91. Color TV-Game 15 Trophy: Play Multiplayer for 50 or more hours (time earned increases with more players).
92. Shuffle Lv 3 Item: Win Smash Run with all fighters.
93. Hi Jump Lv 3 Item: Fighters jump a total of 10km.
94. Dark Train Trophy: Play Target Blast with all fighters.
95. Green Koopa Troopa Trophy: Strike 20 opponents in StreetPass Smash.
96. Protector Suit Mii Equipment: Land a 100 hit combo in Training.
97. Princess Crown Mii Equipment: Play for 20 hours.
98. Lion Hat Mii Equipment: Defeat 4 or more opponents in Cruel Battle.
99. Nintendouji Trophy: Complete All-Star Mode on Hard difficulty.
100. Launch Skill Attack Badge Item: Get 1.000 total
101. Just Shield Explosion Defense Badge Item: Defeat 2 or more opponents in Cruel Battle.
102. Futtobi Ring Item: Defeat 200 or more opponents in Endless Battle.
103. Prince Hat Mii Equipment: Collect all items in Smash Run.
104. All-Star Rest Area Music: Complete All-Star Mode with 15 fighters.
105. Jii Trophy: Obtain 600 Trophies.
106. Bonus 1. Super Star Trophy: Page 01 Complete.
107. Bonus 2. Tutorial Pig Trophy: Page 02 Complete.
Golden Plains Fighters
When you are on the Golden Plains stage, make certain to gather as numerous coins as you can. Your character will briefly turn golden and have more powerful attacks and flinching resistance if you get a hundred of them.
Hol R while selecting the stage will change the background music you experience during your battle.
Latch on the edge
For the characters Link, Toon Link, Samus, or Zero Fit Samus if you play one of them and you get tossed off an edge, you can recuperate using their Hookshots, Grapple Beam, and Plasma Whip grabs at the correct minute. They can latch on the edge and pull themselves up without a special attack if done properly.
Power Pellets - Pac-Maze stage
Find all 100 Pac-Dots so that the Power Pellet appears. The pellet enhances your character's capabilities, and most significantly attack power. Blinky, Pinky, Inky, and
will certainly also turn blue and end up being susceptible to attacks.
Turn gold - Golden Plains stage
Gather 100 coins to briefly turn golden. While in this state your character will certainly have more powerful attacks and will certainly not flinch.
Star Fox dialog - Corneria stage
For this play Corneria stage and use chracter Fox or Falco, now Tap the 3DS D-pad rapidly and your character will certainly have a sort discussion with the remainder of the Star Fox team.
Trophy Rush Challenge: Destroying blocks
Select Fox. His gun can break boxes in a single hit, and can be repeated rapidly. Repeatedly tap B at the edge of the stage to break all the falling boxes. When you see the exclamation point and hear the warning sound, dodge roll to the side to avoid the falling ball of electricity. While doing so, use Fox's side B attack to break any boxes there. Note: The ball of electricity appears whenever your character repeats a move too frequently or remains in the same location. While the ball of electricity falls. You can sprint to the other side of the stage and repeat the gun attack there.
Home-Run Contest Challenge: Big distance
Select Yoshi. Short hop quickly and lightly tap X or Y to position yourself over the sandbag. Press A while holding the Analog-stick Down during the jump. After a few times your percentage should be at a very good value. Use the bat to hit the sandbag fully charged.
Practice mode: Big combos
Use the following trick to get a combo of over 50 in Practice mode. This requires four smart bombs. By detonating them close to a CPU opponent, you can easily get a 50+ hit combo. You can get an even higher combo by selecting a character such as Pikachu or Samus that can punch quickly while grabbing. Set the damage to 999%, grab a CPU opponent and rapidly tap A to easily get a 100+ hit combo.
Fight Master Core
Reach the end of the Classic mode and choose the black path under Intensity level 5.1 or higher. While fighting both Master Hand and Crazy Hand, after doing enough damage Crazy Hand will leave and Master Hand will turn into Master Core. Master Core can assume many forms, depending on the difficulty setting. His "Sapien" form appears when the Intensity is set to 7.5 or more. His "Scorpion" form appears when the Intensity is set between 6.0 and 7.4. With Intensity 5.1 to 5.9, Master Core will be in "Sabres", "Simulacrum", or "Source" forms. After defeating all forms of the Master Core, its real form can be fought. Note: You are forced to fight Master Core under Intensity 8.0 and higher. In the Japanese version, you are forced to fight Master Core at Intensity 9.0.
Quick custom moves
There are 376 different custom moves, most of which are awarded randomly. To get them quickly, you can try to get the red wrench icon during the roulette wheel sequence in Classic mode. Press Home to pause the game play while the roulette spins. If the wrench icon is just above the icon that is selected while you paused, hold A and resume the game. The wrench icon should roll down and be selected. If the icon selected was the wrench itself or if the wrench icon is not above the one that is selected, do not press A and resume. Instead, repeat until the wrench icon is above the icon that is selected. Note: If you allow the roulette to roll for too long, it will eventually come to a stop automatically. With a bit of patience and constant grinding you should be able to unlock all the ones for your desired character sooner rather than later.
Play as the Koopalings
As soon as Bowser Jr. is playable, select him and press L or R to cycle through the characters to find them.
Star Fox Character Conversations
When playing as Fox or Falco on the Corneria stage, tap the D-pad quickly. If done correctly, your character will skip his regular taunt and have a brief conversation with the rest of the Star Fox crew.